Report a lost or stolen Debit/ATM Card please call 1 (844) 890-6189. | Routing #221971086 | NMLS #684320
Saturday, March 25 2023
Managing a successful business in today’s fast paced environment requires a banking partner with safe, reliable and time saving solutions. As an example: Rondout Savings Bank offers some of the area’s most competitive merchant account rates in the area.
Whether you are a new or established business, we will assist you with evaluating your credit card processing needs. Rondout Savings Bank has formed an alliance with TSYS to offer you a full service credit card acceptance program to meet your business needs.
- Competitive processing rates
- No long-term contract or hidden fees
- Exceptional Help Desk service available 24/7/365 for your convenience
- All major credit cards accepted
- PIN-based debit and electronic check acceptance
- New or refurbished point-of-sale equipment
- Internet and software solutions available
- Affordable gift card programs
- Available 24 hour settlement of accounts
- Detailed account information available online anytime
- Free evaluation and cost comparison
- No need to change current deposit relationship
- EMV Terminals
Remote Deposit Capture
Remote Deposit Capture allows you to scan checks and transmit scanned images to Rondout Savings Bank for posting and clearing. Save time by not having to send an employee to one of our branches to transact business. The basic requirements for this service are a PC, an internet connection and a check scanner. Checks you receive at your location can be scanned to create a digital deposit. This digital deposit is then transmitted over an encrypted internet connection to Rondout Savings Bank for clearing and posting.
- An active business checking account with Rondout Savings Bank
- Adequate secure storage for imaged checks
- A scanner, which we provide
- A PC with Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
- A high speed Internet connection
Automated Clearing House Services
With ACH, businesses can make electronic funds transfers from the convenience of their desktop. This service allows you to create, upload, import and submit ACH files to Rondout Savings Bank for further processing.
- Easily execute debit / credit functions
- Offer your employees direct deposit payroll*
- Provide your customers with direct debit billing
- Have membership dues debited from customers
- Create ACH formatted files within Internet Banking or upload files to Internet Banking from your existing software
*Not a payroll services provider.
Instant Issue Mastercard® Debit Card
Rondout Savings Bank offers instant card issuance that provides our clients with new Mastercard® debit cards in minutes, in all branch locations. With Rondout’s debit card you have access to more than 35,000 ATMS nationwide – surcharge free!
This feature lets you take control of your Rondout Savings Bank Mastercard® Debit Card and protect against unauthorized use. If you have misplaced your card, turn it to the OFF position. If you find it, and feel your account has not been jeopardized, turn it back to ON and continue to use your card.
Turning your card OFF only impacts future debit card (point of sale and ATM) transactions. Any previously authorized transactions will be paid, and any recurring transactions you had previously set up will still occur. Turning your card OFF will not affect your checks, mobile or internet transfers, bill payments, or any other type of transactions in your account(s).
If you use your card infrequently, or are traveling without your card, turn it OFF. Then turn it on when you are ready to use. You are in control. Your mobile application shows you whether you card is ON or OFF.
To report loss or theft of your Mastercard® Debit Card please contact anyone of our branch locations at 1 (844) 890-6189.
With Rondout Savings Bank’s Online Banking service, you have the freedom to access your accounts when you want and where you want. This great service provides convenience and flexibility and provides access to your accounts directly from your computer, 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
- Check Balances
- Move Money
- Bill Pay
- Manage Cards
- Manage Alerts
To activate Online Banking, click here. This will bring you through a guided enrollment process which is completed in a matter of minutes.
At Rondout Savings Bank, online security is an important part of the commitment we made to our customers to keep your accounts and personal information safe. For that reason we recently added an additional layer of security to our online banking products called two-factor or multi-factor authentication. It is designed to keep your information secure while at the same time protect you from fraud and identity theft. It also allows Rondout Savings Bank to verify you as our customer and allows you to verify you are banking with us.
You can simplify your accounts payable process by electronically scheduling and arranging payments to your creditors or anyone else.
We make it easy to review your electronic statements online when it’s convenient for you!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Saves Paper and Conserves Resources
We understand that conserving paper and other precious resources is important to our customers. To help our customers practice green banking, we offer eStatements free of charge.
- eStatements Help Protect Your Identity
No paper to throw away, safeguarding your financial information. eStatements are password protected and reduce the risk of your sensitive information being lost or stolen and misused.
- eStatements Can Clear the Clutter
Stored electronically, your bank statements are off your desk and organized electronically.
- Available Instantly
Why wait for your statement to be printed and mailed each month? Your eStatement will be available to you within 48 hours of the end of the statement cycle and at no charge.
- Email Notification
Once you sign up for eStatements, we will send you an email when your eStatement is ready to view and download. Then you simply login to your online banking account to retrieve it. It’s that easy!
- Same Look and Feel
eStatements look exactly like your paper statements; they include all the same check balancing information and check images.
- Statement History
eStatements are stored securely for 18 months from the date they are posted for convenient future reference.
- Statement Retrieval
Want to store your statements permanently? You have the option of downloading your eStatements as a PDF and storing them on your computer, or another storage device, for future access.
Sign Up for eStatements Today
To access, download, and print eStatements, you will need to have access to Online Banking. You must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded through eStatements.
Follow these simple instructions to sign up for eStatements:
- Login to your Online Banking account. If you are not yet enrolled in online banking, click here.
- Once you are logged in to Online Banking, click on the eStatements link at the top of the accounts page.
- Read the eStatement Disclosure Agreement and click the “I Agree” button.
- Choose the accounts for which you would like to receive eStatements and click the “Next” button.
- Confirm that all the information is correct and then click “Enroll”.
With Mobile Banking you can bank from anywhere, anytime. Download the Rondout Savings Bank app in your App Store.
- Check Balances
- View Transactions
- Move Money
- Bill Pay
- Deposit Checks
- Manage Cards
- Find Locations
- Manage Alerts
Positive Pay is an anti-fraud tool that detects and prevents fraudulent check transactions. Through Positive Pay you can submit your business check register through Online Banking. Positive Pay matches the account number, check number and dollar amount to each check that is presented for payment.
Each day, checks will be marked as an “Exception Item” if the check:
- Is not listed in the check register that was submitted.
- Is a duplicate of a previously paid item
- The check has a Stop Payment in place
- The check is listed as Voided within the check register
- Has a different dollar amount than what is listed in the check register
- Does not have a check number or does not match what is listed in the check register.
Checks that are listed as an “Exception Item” can be viewed by the customer to determine if the check is fraudulent. After viewing the check, the customer can decide to pay or return the item.
- Any business that writes a large volume of checks
- A business that has previously experienced fraudulent check activity
- It’s convenient! Simply log on to Online Banking daily to review any exceptions.
- Have more control over your account. If a fraudulent or altered check ends up in the exception file, return it!
- Reduces check fraud and minimizes risk/loss to the customer.
- Assists in reconciling checks and balancing the account(s).
If you are interested in hearing more about Positive Pay or signing up for this service, stop into any branch or call (845) 331-0073 to speak to a customer service representative!
Make the switch to Rondout Savings Bank, always working for you and our community. We make the switch easy! Click the link to download the full: SWITCH KIT
- Open a Rondout Savings Bank account.
- Review your last few statements and identify all automatic payments and automatic deposits.
Keep in mind that not all automatic payments that you have previously established occur on a monthly basis. For example, insurance payments, some utilities and federal and state tax returns/payments can occur on irregular intervals such as bi-monthly, quarterly or even an annual basis.
- Prepare to move your direct deposit by using the Direct Deposit Information Sheet.
- You may be asked to fill out an additional form by the company making the direct deposit.
- To transfer social security direct deposits, you can either call Social Security Administration at 1 (800) 772-1213 or visit the Social Security Official Website.
- Set up new automatic payments. You can use the Authorization to Change Automatic Payments Letter, or consider Rondout Savings Bank Online Banking with free bill pay as an alternative that gives you more control over your money.
- If you are setting up more than one automatic payment, make additional copies of the Authorization to Change Automatic Payments Letter for each automatic payment.
- You may be asked to fill out an additional form by the company making the automatic payment.
- Confirm all checks have cleared and all automatic payments have been transferred to your new account. Leave sufficient funds in your former account to cover any outstanding checks or pending automatic payments.
- Complete the Account Closure Request Letter and send it to your former financial institution. Some financial institutions may require you to fill out additional forms. If your account is an interest-bearing account, request to have your accrued interest paid prior to closing.
- Destroy any unused checks, ATM/debit and credit cards, and deposit slips associated with your former accounts. We can destroy them for you if needed.
- Start using your new Rondout Savings Bank account exclusively.
- Remember to keep a copy of all documents, letters and forms for your personal records.
- Consider making your financial life less complicated by transferring other accounts to Rondout Savings Bank. We offer a complete line of banking products including mortgage services. With all of your funds in one place, your banking will be easier. Our banking team will be better able to help you manage your finances and find ways to make your money work harder for you.
- Call us at (845) 331-0073, or visit one of our branches and we will be happy to assist you.